PART-TIME ADMIN ASSISTANT (TEMPORARY POSITION)
Rosie Made A Thing is an award-winning greeting card publishing company. At our studio in Kibworth, Leicestershire, we are proud to design a growing range of greetings cards and other products. Founded in 2015, we have steadily grown the business and our greetings cards are now stocked in over 800 stores across the UK, including John Lewis, Scribbler, Fenwick and Fortnum & Mason. We also regularly export to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Ireland.
All our cards are printed in Leicester and shipped to our warehouse in Gloucestershire where our fulfilment team pack and despatch all of our trade orders. Melanie, our brilliant Office Manager and myself, work really hard to ensure that our products are of the highest standard and we strive to offer excellent customer service. We are looking for a new, part-time admin assistant to join us in our small, but busy, home studio, initially on a temporary basis.
This part-time position will assist Melanie with various administrative tasks and will consist of around 10-16 hours per week, in a proposed work pattern of 9 – 1pm, 3 days a week (some small variation on this may be possible – contact us to discuss). Occasional overtime hours may be available so some flexibility to work additional hours would be beneficial. You must be available to work most school holidays and, on occasion, during school holidays you may be asked to work additional overtime hours above your contracted hours.
You will work alongside Melanie and you will largely be responsible for office admin, operations and processing orders. The role will be varied and dynamic with the ideal candidate being able to multitask and respond appropriately to different situations.
Your Day To Day work will include:
- Overseeing daily operations. This will involve processing and monitoring orders using our SAGE order system. You will demonstrate skills of accuracy and computer literacy.
- Customer relations. You will regularly talk to customers (and suppliers) by phone so your interpersonal skills will be strong. Most communication is carried out by email so you will have strong literacy skills.
- Liaising with our warehouse staff, ensuring smooth operations.
- You many occasionally have the opportunity to help out at trade shows. This could involve an overnight stay so some flexibility around this would be ideal. This is not a frequent occurrence and is always planned well in advance.
- Assisting with credit control by undertaking various activities to recover overdue payments.
- Some basic website management.
- You will be friendly and organised, with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be able to work flexibly and adapt to the needs of a small business.
- You will be quick to learn and, once established in the role, be able to work on your own initiative.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience with SAGE software would be highly desirable.
THIS ROLE IS INITIALLY A TEMPORARY VACANCY FOR A PERIOD OF 6 MONTHS.
Pay: £8.50 – £11.50 per hour depending on skills and experience. To be discussed at interview.
GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER BEFORE 18THMARCH
Rosie Made A Thing Ltd
37 The Lea,
T: 0116 4062000 E: [email protected]